Thursday, April 23, 2015

3 Months

My babies are 3 months old... How did that happen already?

As I sit here, tired and beaten down, hoping-no, praying-they fall asleep together just this once I am in awe of how time flies.  It really does seem like just yesterday that Brian and I were sitting in the hospital room, waiting for the doctor to wheel me down to surgery.  Or when we were in the recovery room for what seemed like days, waiting for the privacy we thought we'd get once we had our own room.

And then I remember that first night.  Oh how scared we were.  We didn't have to talk about it.  It was in our eyes.  In our very tired, wide eyes, whenever our babies cried and we couldn't console them.  And then I remember the way it felt that very first time we could, and I feel a little better.  Because every step of this wild, amazing journey has been just like that.  Crazy, I don't know what I'm doing, please make it stop/get better/easier moments that turn into wonderfully triumphant bonding moments with our little family.

And I know that this too, shall pass.  Our babies will learn to fall asleep on their own.  Eventually.  And once they do, I'll feel a sense of accomplishment like never before, because I'll know that I had a hand in helping them find their way to rest, to dreamland...

I'm likely to cry a billion tears during my tenure as their Mama.  If a billion are shed while I'm helping them learn and grow, it'll be worth it.  I just have to remember that while the tears are falling.  Their sweet little faces, even when twisted up in angst, help.

I love you way more than a billion tears my little boys.  Way more...

Middle picture: The day they were born.  Top left, 1 week, moving right along the top, weeks 2-12.  So tiny then, and so big now.

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

One of the women that came to speak at my moms' group said that when you feel like you have no resources left, ask Jesus to give you some of His.

I cannot tell you how many times that man has saved my hide. :)

Love you, girl!