Thursday, April 2, 2015

Days Like This

It's days that start out like this that worry me.

It's 8am and so far I've changed and fed the twins and put them back to bed.  While they've been sleeping, I've washed bottles, made coffee (in the coffee press), made (and ate) breakfast (two eggs over easy on buttered white toast), read the news, showered, dressed and put on my makeup and now, I am blogging.  I contemplated going outside to fill the water tanks (to ensure Brian has water for his shower), but heard a baby stirring and thought better of it.

This day is probably going to backfire on me soon.

Though I am a worrier by nature, I am also typically pretty optimistic.  But having twins sort of made me, more than anything, a realist.

Realistically the boys are going to wake up at the same time.  And they'll be extra fussy because they are still congested from the colds they are getting over.  And then one of them (or both of them) won't go back to sleep so he'll have to sleep in the living room with me, and then he'll wake up sooner, therefore wanting to eat sooner and that will throw off the schedule.  And then the boys' feedings will be over an hour apart, making my "break*" time non-existent.

Then again, maybe not...

*By break time, I mean the 15-30 minutes I use in between feedings and naps to wash bottles, make more formula, restock the diaper bin, fold laundry (maybe), wash other dishes, go to the bathroom and/or make and eat lunch.  Sometimes I pay bills.  Once I painted my nails. 

No comments: